Social media has become a virtual world in itself. People, in billions, flock to social media platforms to relax, connect, learn, share, and do a lot more. On average, per week, people watch 16 hours of video on various platforms. Interest in the video has jumped by 52% in just two years.
It’s no wonder 87% of marketers include videos in their social media marketing plan. Marketers use videos on social media because 84% of them found video content helpful in generating leads. Plus, 87% claim that videos increase their ROI. Nowadays, it’s quite easy to find and hire video editor professionals. This too has contributed to the growing use of video content on social media.
As you can see, almost all marketers are using videos to promote their clients. Millions of videos are uploaded to social media platforms every day. Social media users have so many videos coming their way. It can become difficult to differentiate the good videos from the poorly made ones. The ounce is on you. Video content that’s engaging, entertaining, and informative will stand out.
Features of a highly engaging video
Highly engaging videos share some common features that make them more appealing to the audience. Here are some key features of a highly engaging video:
- Clear message: A highly engaging video has a clear message that is easy to understand and resonates with the audience. The message should be concise, relevant, and delivered in a creative and engaging way.
- Attention-grabbing visuals: The visuals in a highly engaging video are visually appealing and help to tell the story. The use of colors, graphics, animations, and special effects can make the video more interesting and memorable.
- Emotional appeal: A highly engaging video evokes emotions that resonate with the audience. Whether it’s humor, empathy, or inspiration, the video should make the viewer feel something that connects them with the message.
- Professional production: A highly engaging video is well-produced and of high quality. It should be well-lit, well-edited, and have clear audio. Poor production quality can be distracting and turn viewers off.
- Storytelling: A highly engaging video tells a story that captures the attention of the audience. The story should be relatable, entertaining, and memorable. It should have a clear beginning, middle, and end that ties together the message of the video.
- Relevance: A highly engaging video is relevant to the audience and their interests. It should speak to their needs, pain points, and desires. The video should be targeted to a specific audience and be relevant to their lives or work.
- Call to action: A highly engaging video includes a clear call to action that encourages the viewer to take action. The call to action could be to visit a website, sign up for a newsletter, or make a purchase.
By incorporating these features into your video, you can create a highly engaging video that resonates with your audience and helps you achieve your goals.
Creating highly engaging videos is an effective way to connect with your audience and promote your brand. Here are some steps to create engaging videos without the help of a content manager:
- Define your message and audience: Determine the message you want to convey and the audience you want to reach. This will help you create content that is relevant and resonates with your viewers.
- Plan your video: Create a storyboard or script that outlines the key elements of your video, including the story, visuals, and audio.
- Invest in quality equipment: Invest in a good camera, microphone, and lighting equipment to ensure that your video looks and sounds professional. There are many tools such as Content Reel that can foster the creation of a highly engaging video.
- Keep it short and sweet: Keep your video short and to the point. Attention spans are short, and viewers are more likely to engage with a video that is concise and delivers a clear message.
- Use engaging visuals: Use visuals that are visually appealing and help to tell your story. This could include graphics, animations, or footage that is relevant to your message.
- Add music and sound effects: Add music and sound effects to your video to enhance the viewing experience and make it more engaging.
- Edit and refine: Edit and refine your video to ensure that it is polished and professional. Use editing software to add transitions, trim footage, and adjust the color and sound.
- Optimize for distribution: Optimize your video for distribution by creating a title and description that is optimized for search engines and social media. Use tags and keywords to make your video easier to find.
By following these steps, you can create highly engaging videos that help to promote your brand and connect with your audience, without the help of a content manager.